By 2024, we will require our chicken suppliers to meet the following requirements for 100% of our products:
- Maximum stocking density of 30kg/sq. meter and prohibit broiler cages.
- Provide birds enriched environments including litter, lighting, and enrichment that meets Global Animal Partnership’s standards.
- Process chickens in a manner that avoids pre-stun handling and instead utilizes a multi-step controlled-atmosphere processing system that induces an irreversible stun.
- Demonstrate compliance with all standards via third-party auditing.
And by 2026:
- Adopt breeds that demonstrate higher welfare outcomes, either: Hubbard JA757, 787, 957, or 987; Rambler Ranger, Ranger Classic, or Ranger Gold; or others that meet the criteria of the RSPCA Broiler Breed Welfare Assessment Protocol or Global Animal Partnership (GAP).